ECArTE Full Member
Paris: Universités Sorbonne Paris Cité (Paris Descartes and Sorbonne Nouvelle)
Course Title: MA Professional and Research In Artistic Creation
Duration: Two years full-time
• possession of a three years national validated university degree minimum – medical and non-medical qualifications including social, pedagogical or artistic
• studies and regular practise of the specialization chosen: visual art, dance, music or drama
• for professional students experience in the field
• experience in interpersonal relationship
Course Philosophy and Main Theoretical Approaches:
The course philosophy is based on four constructs of learning – theoretical, experimental, clinical and research – which is a central core of learning as professional practice and research on the practice. The course provides clinical supervision to develop a critical awareness of the practice and greater insight into the therapist/client relationship. Research methodology constitutes an important aspect for students to explore ways of evaluating their efficiency and the development of their practice.
The approach isbased on several psychological theories.
The vocation of the training is both professionalization and research. Students have some courses in common but they have to choose a specialization depending of their art discipline
• Art theoretical approaches
• Placement, supervision, professional identity, ethics and deontology
• Psychopathology and arts therapy practices
• Workshop of arts therapy: experience and analysis
• The place of the body in arts therapy
• Methodology : case studies on arts therapy
• The different kind of clients and working fields
• Placement, supervision and thesis
• One optional unit to be chosen by the student
• Art, aesthetic and therapy
• Psychopathology and case study
• Stage, supervision, professional identity, clinic and deontology
• Arts therapy workshops: experience and analysis
• Overview of European arts therapies
• Placement, supervision, research or professional thesis.
• Art therapy workshops : experience and analysis
• Development: two possibilities, one is research and the other one in profession: optional.
• One optional to be chosen by the student
MA Professional and Research in Artistic Creation
Language: All modules are taught in French
Student Exchange Opportunities:
University Paris Descartes MA programme is able to offer student exchange opportunities with ECArTE member universities.
The programme is not able to offer student placement opportunities for ECArTE students from other universities.
Some key publications and ongoing research projects in arts therapies:
– Arts therapies and aesthetic emotion
– The therapist is an artist, what does it means in a client-therapist relationships ?
– The place of he body in arts therapies ; gestures in art and arts therapies.
Attigui P. (1993) De l’illusion théâtrale à l’espace thérapeutique, Paris, Denoël,
Attigui P. (Ed.) (2011) L’art et le soin, thérapies actuelles – peinture, sculpture, théâtre,; chant, littérature, De Boeck,
Lecourt, E. (2005) Découvrir la Musicothérapie. Paris, Eyrolles.
Lecourt, E. (2007) La Musicothérapie Analytique de Groupe. Courlay, Fuzeau.
Lecourt, E. (2006) Le Sonore et la Figurabilité. Paris, L’Harmattan.
Schott-Billmann F. (1985) Possession, danse et thérapie, Paris Ed. Sand
Schott-Billmann F (2001) Le besoin de danser, Paris, Odile Jacob
Sens D. (2005) Toucher des yeux : liens de groupe et dimension transsubjective dans un dispositif utilisant une médiation par la peinture, Revue de Psychothérapie Psychanalytique de Groupe, N°45, 2.
Ongoing research projects in arts therapies:
Researches linked with PhD in Arts Therapies
University Sorbonne Paris Cité MA programme is interested in research collaboration with ECArTE Members with particular interest in:
Arts therapy and aesthetic emotion
The Department of Drama/Theater (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle/Paris3) is especially interested in research on drama therapy.
Professional Association :
Association Française de Musicothérapie : email@example.com
Atelier du Geste Rythmé : www.gesterythme.com
French Federation of arts therapies: www.ffat.feredation.org
French Federation of Music Therapy: www.musicotherapie-federationfrancaise.com
And numerous local associations
Professional Body or Ministry:
Students are not obliged to register with a professional association in order to practise as an arts therapist. There is no regulation of the profession.
Code of Ethics:
The code of ethics adopted is the one used in the main associations by each specialization.
Contact person: Prof. Todd Lubart
UFR STAPS – Université Paris Descartes/ Sorbonne Paris Cité
1 rue Lacretelle – 75015 Paris
Secretary: Brigitte BOUTES-TEGHIL
Telephone number: (+33) (0) 1 76 53 34 11
University website: http://formations.parisdescartes.fr/fr-FR/diplomes/TI-ma